Maintaining gum health
Five steps to prevent gum disease and to maintain good oral health:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with toothbrush toothpaste and floss once a day to remove plaque between teeth.
- Keep a check on your gums. Any sign of gingivitis should be taken note of seriously
- Dental check up every 6 months is a must along with professional cleaning to remove stains and plaque.
- A healthy diet is important for the health of your teeth and gums along with your overall health. Consumption of excess sugar is one of the primary causes of dental problems. With the proper nutrients that come from healthy eating and proper oral hygiene, you can fight cavities and gingivitis.
- Don't smoke. Smoking is a major contributor to oral diseases.